Energy Saving Tips
Energy costs have been skyrocketing over the past 10 years and as a result today’s consumers face a daily challenge, endeavoring to reduce their usage and dependency on electricity and fuel consumption. In order to maximize energy savings, we need to identify the appliances, machinery, structures and vehicles that suck the most energy. Once the sources are identified, we can develop and implement an energy reduction plan that offers better efficiency and lowers your usage. Here is a list of the most common items that drive up your energy costs:
Air conditioning, heating including water heaters and plumbing, refrigerators, insulation, windows, paint, roof, lighting, pumps, and vehicles (cars, trucks, etc).
- The single greatest action you can do to to reduce energy costs and reduce greenhouse gases? Install a Solar Hot Water system!
- Shower instead of bathing to use less water
- A leaking hot water tap that drips every second for a day will waste enough hot water to shower an extra person.
- Aggressive driving wastes fuel- drive sensibility!
- Reverse cycle airconditioning cost about half as much to run than a radiator, fan heater or oil-filled heater.
- Draw your curtains early in the day to save on cooling.
- Clean clothes dryer filters regularly – It speeds up the drying time as well as being safer.
- Paint rooms in light colors, as it aids reflection to help boost available light.
- LED lights are by far more energy efficient then incandescent and halogen light globes and can last up to 30 times longer than normal light bulbs.
- Your lighting usage accounts for about 10% of your electricity bill, so instead of lighting the whole room up, maybe a lamp will do.
- Wind driven and solar powered roof ventilators cost nothing to run.
- Help your air-conditioner run more efficiently, set the thermostat for summer at 25°C and for winter at 19°C.
- Select the ‘re-circulate’ setting on your air-conditioner, it is more efficient to keep cooling or warming the already conditioned air inside.
Get in touch
Complete the form below and one of our friendly
staff will get back to you as soon as possible.