The incandescent light bulb has had a long run and it’s just about finished. A law that passed in 2007 called the Energy Independence and Security Act (EISA) is pressuring manufacturers to improve energy efficiency of incandescent bulbs by 25%. If brightness is to be maintained, this is an impossible task. This is why light bulb manufacturers have chosen to abandon this old tech in lieu of the Light Emitting Diode (LED). The LED is better than the incandescent bulb in every way. It’s significantly more efficient with only a tenth of the energy requirements of an equivalent incandescent bulb. It produces less heat and emits less Carbon Dioxide. The Compact Fluorescent Light (CFL) is another efficient technology that’s available today but it’s not as environmentally friendly as the LED because of its mercury content. So, hands down, the LED is better.
The LED is currently the best choice in home and commercial lighting applications. LEDs are much cheaper. They consume less power at just about a tenth of what it would normally take for an incandescent bulb to shine. They also only produces about a tenth of the heat normally associated with the older bulbs.
Summary of the Benefits of Using LED
- Only uses 1/10 of the power for incandescent bulbs
- Only produces 1/10 of the heat produced by incandescent bulbs
- saves money by significantly cutting down power usage
- Doesn’t contain mercury
- 65% of the world’s population now utilize LEDs
MR 16 LEDs by SuperGreen Solutions – SuperGreen Solutions has LED replacement for MR 16 halogen down lights. These older halogen light consume a lot more electricity and burn out much faster. The LED replacement is completely dimmable and has been designed to be compatible with most halogen transformers. They’re also quite easy to replace.
GU10 LEDs from SuperGreen Solutions – If you’re still using GU 10 Halogen lamps, then you need to replace them with the GU 10 LEDs from SuperGreen Solutions. These LED versions only use 15% of the power which leads to lower electric bills. They also minimize heat generated from the light which could save light sensitive fabrics. These LEDs have an average life span of 20,000 hours.
E26 and E27 Lights form SuperGreen Solutions – If you’re looking for E26 and E27 LEDs to replace your old incandescent bulbs, then call SuperGreen Solutions today. These LED bulbs are just great at power saving. They’re also compatible with dimmer switches. These last about 20x longer than normal incandescent bulbs.
LED Tubes from SuperGreen Solutions
– Use T5, T8 and T12 LEDs to replace your fluorescent tube today. Get these LED tubes from SuperGreen Solutions and experience less power consumption from just needing half of the power it takes to light up a fluorescent tube to just about a fourth. These LEDs also last far longer which minimizes on your replacement costs
A19 LED light by SuperGreen Solutions
– With the A19 LED bulb, you can either choose a warm light at 18000 lumens or a cool light shining at a bright 27000 lumens. This LED bulb only uses 15% of what it would normally take to light incandescent bulbs. The omnidirectional light source is encased in strong shatterproof plastic or actual glass. There is no lag time when it comes to turning on as it lights up immediately. The average life of this LED bulb is rated to be 25,000 hours.
LED BayLights by SuperGreen Solutions
– For more environmentally-friendly lighting that emits minimal CO2, swap your metal halide luminary with an LED fitting. The LED fittings rated 150W-200W can replace metal halide rated (250W- 450W). LED will not use up a lot of power, leading to significantly lower electric bills. The LED lights also don’t produce any Ultra Violet (UV) or Infrared (IR) radiation
To learn more about all the different LED light products we have in stock, contact us at SuperGreen Solutions today. Get in touch with our well trained experts of sky-lighting and energy efficiency by dialling (07) 4772 7655. You can also reach us via email at email@example.com. You can also visit our showroom to look at all our products in person at 161 Ingham Road, West End, Townsville, 4810.
The REDi-lite Spectra
If you have some dimly lit areas in your home or office that you want to illuminate, then the REDi-lite Spectra is for you. The REDi-lite Spectra is a hybrid LED skylight that acts like a true skylight that’s translucent to the sun. It’s the ideal solution for areas that seem to be always covered in the shade.
How the Spectra from REDi-lite Works
When the sun is out and it hits the PV solar panels connected to the Spectra, the Spectra turns on as bright as the rays of the sun. So, if it’s really bright outside, the Spectra will also shine its brightest and if it’s overcast, the LED lights in the Spectra will also dim. If you want the Spectra turned on at night, you can use grid power for that.
You can also get the optional Day/Night controls that enables the Spectra to be turned on at its brightest during the day or night.
SuperGreen Solutions and REDi-lite are the same when it comes to looking for high quality materials and technologies for use in the products offered clients. The Spectra makes use of Cree LEDs. Cree is known to be the market leader when it comes to efficiency, brightness and durability. It’s this excellence that we’re proud to offer you.
This excellent LED skylight comes with an amazing warranty that guarantees years of excellent use of the product.
For the specs and more information on the Spectra, visit the REDi-lite website at http://redi-lite.com/spectra today.